Friday, June 18, 2010

Where are you Money Tree?


I think most people would agree that they are totally feeling the pinch lately... we are no different! I am in search of that good ole money tree! Things just can't seem to go in our favor lately and its getting frustrating as can be! Yes I admit that I easily get anxious when it comes to the finances but ugh, something has go to give here!

Lately I feel like we take one step forward and three back. The good news, no fantastic news... Steve received a letter in the mail this week stating that the Board of Architects have approved his application and he is officially a licensed landscape architect (just waiting on the fancy wall license and press). This alone would generally be a great thing not only for Steve and his career but for our family. Unfortunately this doesn't look like its going to change anything. Basically the sheer fact that he is now licensed should automatically mean a decent raise but the way the company and economy is going he's lucky just to have a job. A raise definitely would have helped, especially since I am not working. I pray that I am wrong and once that fancy certificate and press arrive that something will change but we shall see.

Next, we applied for that whole mortgage readjustment thing and we were denied again, yes we've tried twice! It is so frustrating because we had sucky timing and bought our place right before everything went to *hit meaning our house is no where near being worth what we paid. It really isn't fun to be paying all this money for something that isn't even worth it anymore... and the way things are going who knows how long its going to take to get back. This of course ties into the whole wanting to move but not being able to.

I don't know what it is. We aren't huge spenders, though our vice is eating out at awesome restaurants, and yet the bills keep piling up... mostly gas and groceries which you can't exactly eliminate. I rarely go shopping for myself, its generally just the necessities for Jack. This month is killer also... parties and fathers day... all requiring gifts. I hate that I feel guilt just because I buy something for myself... must say it was much easier when I had a job that paid a bunch of cash but that was a long time ago and here we are struggling like so many people, frustrated with the situation and slightly clueless on how to fix it. We'll keep chugging along and pray that things take a turn for the better soon!

BTW... how adorable is that new picture of Jack!!! He is entered into the Parents Magazine 2010 Cover Contest! Fingers crossed... besides the cover of the November issue of Parents Magazine... I lovely college fund is included! Hey, you gotta be in it to win it!

No comments:

Post a Comment