Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh Canada!

Canada here we come.... Jack and I will be traveling sooner then expected. My Canadian cousin is getting married next month and Jack and I are attending. Very bummed because Steve can't come with us, not enough vacation time with the cruise in October, so its just the two of us.

So while there is going to be a ton of family attending, its just going to be me, Jack and my mom flying out to Toronto. I must admit I am a bit nervous and uncertain... I debated whether I should even go since Steve couldn't come but we rarely get to see this side of the family, its been way too long and no one has met Jack yet and I have not met Nolan (my cousins son) yet. Steve said he was fine with us going so I decided to make the trek! I considered for a brief moment driving up, but 9 hours in the car with just me and my mom driving and the Jack... I think it would be way too crazy so we opted to fly... I got our tickets yesterday!

The nerves come in here... first time away from home with Jack (not counting a night over at Steve's dads or a day at my grandparents), we're going from Thursday to Monday so yea a decent trip! So back to nerves... first time away so I have to certainly make a packing list for Jacks stuff, then there is the whole flying thing... it will be his first time on a plane and my first time flying without Steve (btw my mom is the worst to fly with... she is not a fan). If anyone has tips on comforting a baby on a plane, please send them my way!! I'm all worried about the pressure and the pain he will feel then the fact that if he is unhappy and crying everyone on the plane will be hating me. Yea its only a 2 hour flight but I feel like it could feel like 6 hours if Jack doesn't sleep some.

It will also be interesting how I manage to keep Jack on somewhat of a schedule so he gets enough rest to not be cranky. How is he going to sleep since its not going to be his room and his crib... I am hoping that someone there has an extra car seat and pack and play so I don't have to fly with all that stuff.

Besides all the nervousness about the unknown of traveling with Jack, I am super thrilled I decided to go! I cannot wait to see all the family and for all the family to meet Jack! We missed the last Canadian wedding because we were on our honeymoon and then a reunion because we were in Italy again. Sigh... I love traveling! Should be a blast with my little munchkin as my wedding date! Details of course will follow...

PS... if you are enjoying my blog please become a follower of it.. just click "follow" on the left hand side of the page... lets me know I have some fans and readers! THX!

1 comment:

  1. Does Jack have a passport? Last I heard you now need a passport to go to Canada. I may be wrong bur you might want to look into that.

    ReplyDelete