Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jacks Show Day

January 22nd, Jack had his trial class at the Little Gym. At this point he was only crawling and certainly towered over at the class. The age group is 10-19 months, Jack was just over 8 months at the time. It was funny because most of the kids were running around, tumbling and playing... then there was Jack. During the warm up walk while all the kids ran in a circle, I held Jack and we walked. While a seated activity was going on there were some kids running to the play area while Jack just sat and observed everything going on around him. While all the kids were climbing and tumbling all over the play area, Jack enjoyed hanging out in the center of the big "donut". The moment that shocked me was when, with the assistance of the teacher, he held on to the parallel bar by himself for a good 10-15 seconds! My strong little guy! Granted he cried at the end of it and didn't want to grab on afterwards... he had the cutest look on his face... I was so proud of him!


Here we are months later, Jack is 13 months, running, tumbling, climbing and having a ball! Today at the gym is his first show day... meaning friends and family can come on in and watch the special class. The theme, Hawaiian so of course Jack, Steve and I will all be wearing our authentic clothes from Hawaii (thank you to my parents... though the bonus would have been if they brought us with them). My mom will be the only one there today that hasn't yet come to a class and I'm sure she will get a kick out of him!

That music starts going and so does Jack... my son is certainly not a shy little guy... he tends to be one of the only ones standing and in the center of the group bouncing to the music. So I mentioned that during the seated activities at the first class Jack just sat and observed... well not anymore! He is now one of the crazy energetic ones that doesn't want to sit still so yes I spend a good portion of the warm up time just chasing him around to attempt to get him to do the activity on the big mat. He is now able to climb all over everything and has learned at the gym how to shimmy himself off of things and now does it at home
on the couch and our bed. He is amazingly strong and I love watching him develop physically and to interact with the other kids!


Again, I know, it amazes me how things have changed just in the past few months and I know that by the end of the summer session he will be accomplishing even more!! It is a great opportunity for both os us to get out and do something active together... Jack loves it! Its so funny how after the trial class I knew it was something I wanted to do with him but there was that little bit of hesitation in me because he was so much younger and less mobile then all the other kids at the time but I am so glad we started when we did, its been a wonderful experience for us both!

PS.... If you are enjoying my blog, please become a follower by simply clicking "follow" on the left side of the page... lets me know I have some readers out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment