Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Night Struggles Day 2


Ok so just figured that I'd give a quick update on how last night went. Yesterday Jack actually was right on schedule with his naps, 10 and 330 and slept a decent amount for each. So last night we actually ran out to dinner and a couple stores so we got him to bed a little later then usual. After I gave him his bottle he fell asleep and I laid him down.... there were no quick wake ups like an hour into it... Then of course at 11:00 the house phone rings, wrong number, and wakes him up...

My thoughts... crap here we go.... So I did the same thing as the night before, left him in his crib, he stood up and was crying. I rubbed his back and stayed close and after only 15 minutes he gave in, let me lay him down and rub his back and within 30 seconds he was asleep again. The next time he woke up was 6:50! YAY!!! It worked again and went so much better on the second day! By the way, this exactly 6:50 wake up time is kinda new, he used to sleep until 7:30. But hey, I'll take a full nights sleep with an early wake up over those crazy sleepless nights....

If this actually works and he starts sleeping through the nights consistently I will probably kick myself in the butt for waiting so long to at least give it a try.... So lesson learned so far is maybe not to mock techniques unless I at least try them first.... I think we sometimes have to do difficult things even if they make us uneasy at the time as long as in the end the results are beneficial to the little ones. He has woken up happy the past two mornings and we have avoided some cranky time too... all around this experiment is working out so far....

Will keep you posted!

PS.. if you are enjoying my blog please become a follower of it... just click "Follow" on the left side of the screen.... let me know I have a few fans out there in cyber world....

1 comment:

  1. ang-i did the crying out method with nolan when he was 6 months old-he cried for over an hour the first night, and to ease my stress? i ignored it lol..i went outside and pretended it wasnt happening
    second night-20 minutes
    third night-i put him in his crib at bedtime, he looked up at me, smiled, grabbed his bunny and fell asleep
    hasnt been a problem since-well until he could climb out of his bed, open his bedroom door-oh Lord...that was another challenge-let us know when u get there
    yay!!! hell get better!! dont stress!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete