Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fast Approaching....


WOW! 1 week from today my sweet baby boy turns 1! It so incredibly difficult to believe that an entire year has gone by already. I remember that amazing day like it was yesterday. That day my life changed and my priorities shifted, I knew that the most important thing in the world was my now family of three and doing everything in my power to make sure that my little boy had everything he needed, always the best and to always make sure he was happy, healthy and safe.

The little annoyances in life didn't seem to matter anymore. Any nervousness about having a baby melted away the moment I heard his first cry. That moment took my breath away and everyday since he has made me smile like only he can do. He makes my heart melt. I think he has taught me to be more patient, to love in a whole new way, a much more profound way, and to enjoy the little moments in life that way too often just slip away without thought.

A few nights ago while I was putting him to sleep I couldn't help but stare at him and wonder what would I write in his birthday card. What were the right words to express the pure unconditional joy he has brought into my life. I want that card to be something he can read when he's older and hopefully get a sense on the depth of love that Steve and I have for him. I haven't yet picked out the perfect card or decided on the perfect words to write... I will let my heart do the talking...

Its so hard to believe that just a year ago I was very much pregnant and waiting for that day to arrive. That my tiny little baby is now walking (even running) around the house, getting into trouble, speaking words and has developed the most amazing little personality (yes even the stubborn Italian part). It saddens me because the changes happen so quick that yI kind of forget what it felt like to hold him when he was only 6 lbs 12 oz, how he used to curl up into a ball on my chest like that was the perfect place to rest. The look that a newborn gives you, it is the most amazing stare and in that moment you feel like the world is perfect. I wish I could go back just for a moment to relive it, to feel him in my arms without all the squirming because he just wants to get down and play.

I love to watch him now... he makes himself laugh which makes me laugh, its hysterical. He makes the most adorable faces, he has the most beautiful smile ever. He loves to play the drums with my wooden spoons and a pot, to chase the kitties around the house, to play with water, he absolutely loves music and will start to dance as soon as a song pops on.... There truly are no words that can even come close to describe the joy that he brings each day and how much better mine and Steves lives are because of him.

So yea, here we are one week away and there is plenty of planning and prep to be done. So the cake is ordered and I cannot wait to see it. Chairs rented, server hired, some lists are made, decorations ready to go... it is bitter sweet.... my baby isn't so tinsy anymore but he is growing stronger and becoming more amazing everyday. He, and Steve are the loves of my life and I am so grateful for everything they do and for all that they are.

On another note... I am also busy prepping for the Mothers Day brunch I am hosting.... my first Mothers Day.... a truly amazing thing.....

By the way... Day three of the sleep craziness crack down.... went to bed at 8:45 and slept through the night until 7:15!!! Lets keep the fingers crossed the same goes for tonight....

PS If you are enjoying my blog please become a follower of it... just click "follow" on the left hand side of the page.... Lets me know I have some fans out there in cyber world....

1 comment:

  1. Angela you have a beautiful baby boy! Happy Almost 1st Birthday Jack!

    ReplyDelete