Friday, April 2, 2010

A Simple Day



Finally nice weather has arrived and is hopefully here to stay. It is days like today that I want to spend the whole day basking in the warmth of the sun and enjoying a cool breeze! This afternoon Steve and I took Jack to the reservoir for a walk and to hit up the swings and slide! It was perfect, not really a care in the world when you are surrounding my trees, chirping birds and the two people you love most in the world. As we walked we passed so many families that were doing the same thing as us, enjoying the simple things. There was the kids fishing, the dad and son throwing a ball, parents pushing their kids on the swings.... simplicity at its finest.

I can't help but let my mind wonder while we were walking, even a little bit while Steve spoke on and on about stocks (love you babe!). Jack was sound asleep in his stroller and I was just staring at him as we walked. He is getting so big so fast. Yes, I realize I am constantly stating this fact but it is so true and slightly depressing. I read something that said that many mothers start feeling a bit "he's not my little baby anymore" syndrome as the first birthday is approaching. I totally feel that way, not that I don't completely enjoy all the new and fun things he can do now that he couldn't do 4 months, 4 weeks or 4 days ago. I so badly miss the little peanut curling up on me, with his entire body fitting on my chest, and just falling asleep. I miss that amazing newborn baby gaze, oh that look they give you is the most incredible thing in the world. Now here we are and he is walking and has the greatest personality! Ah!

So anyhow... yes he's older so now and I look forward to really enjoying the outdoors this summer with him. We can do so much more for him this time around, you know since he was only a few months old last summer. So know I must start thinking of some really fun and age appropriate places to take day trips to. I guess this kind of goes along with the whole wanting him to experience everything that we can offer him... new places, sites, foods... I want him to be well rounded and as he gets older, for him to decide what interests him the most.

So, I haven't really looked into anything yet but am surely open to suggestions.... I will of course keep you posted of anything wonderful I find.

(((( I have some amazing new photos but for some reason I can't upload at the moment)))

2 comments:

  1. i was thinkin about the aquarium and philadelphia zoo!! ray said lets take im to the franklin mint lol!! i cant wait to take him to all the museums! between philly an nyc.... and the liberty science center!! there should be a few trips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is the Please Touch Museaum in Philly that is awesome for kids! I took my niece and nephew there they LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete