Saturday, March 20, 2010

Maid or Wife?

Sometimes its hard to feel like a wife, lately I feel more like the maid.  I clean, do laundry, grocery shop, cook, and look after our beautiful baby boy. Will I love the part duties of cooking and raising our son... some days are rough. Those days when you didn't get enough sleep, the baby is more on the unhappy side and you feel like a total exhausted mess by the end of the day... those are the days that I feel more like housekeeper than wife. Don't you sometimes? I think its hard not to when the day goes by so fast and you feel like you simply survived another day rather then enjoyed it.

This time of year, while the weather is amazing, it is always busy. Steve gets busy with work and while it was tough when it was just the two of us, its that much harder now. It sometimes makes it feel like I alone have all the responsibilities of the house (not including bills) and baby. During the day its just me and Jack and I look forward to Steve coming home from work. The tough days are when he comes in stressed from work and then has to do more work when he gets home and I am at the point where I need a 20 minute break from everything... this all equals cranky husband and wife. We sometimes get all snippy without meaning to, but in the end we know that we are each just a bit stressed. By time night rolls around I am pooped and feeling like a mess rather then a sexy wife enjoying some alone time with the hubby. I guess now, it just needs to be more of an effort to save a little energy so I am not so bitter my the end of the day.... thats what laundry, dirty diapers, cleaning and rushing around does to me.

It would be so nice if weeknights were filled with a nice delicious dinner, some playtime with Jack, maybe a movie (once the munchkin is asleep)... instead it feels like we are always rushing to get things done rather then just enjoying some quite time. I would love weekends to not be so packed with projects and running around to make sure that everyone gets their fair time with Jack, its exhausting and before we know it, well Monday has snuck up on us yet again. I want to be able to plan day trips that just the three of us can enjoy, a day out in the warmth of the sun simply soaking up the good things in life.

I hope that we will find the balance that we need between Steve working, my being home, house duties and just plain old relaxation time, fun family outings! Still I wouldn't change a thing on most days.... Jack brings much more joy then the house duties bring stress and Steve and Jack make everything that much better and life worth every hectic day that comes our way!

1 comment:

  1. im sooo glad you posted this!! I was starting to think I was the only person feeling like this!!! And now especially since ive gone back to work its even twice as hard!!! and sexy.... what is sexy? the smell of formula has brought a whole new sexy term into our house! haha!! I had a four day weekend this week.. and instead of enjoying it... i ran around like a chicken without a head on!! Do you think it will ever get easier? Im starting to think nooo! lol

    ReplyDelete