Friday, June 3, 2011

Ryans Here!!

It's been four months since I last wrote and so much has happened! Here's an update...

On Saturday March 26th at 330 am I got up to pee for the 100th time and just like with Jack, my water broke (even funnier is that it's almost exactly the same time with Jack at 300 am). Yes, again I fall into the small percentage of people that have their water break before having any contractions. So we got everything ready to... I walked into Jacks room, woke him and said it was time to see the doctor to get baby Ryan out of mommys belly. Amazingly he did amazing! We had our family meet us there ASAP so Jack could hang out with them. After all the annoying paperwork I was admitted and prepped for the joys of labor... IVs hooked up, monitors on. At this point the contractions are coming several minutes apart and I was handling them very well. When I was checked I was only at 2 cm. Now I'm thinking wow it's going to be awhile! They start getting more intense but still I'm doing good and yes I refused an epidural just as planned. I had to have one for the c section with Jack and I knew i didn't want to feel numb during it all. Checked again, ive made it to 4 cm! Doing ok, Steve stepped out to get a bagel. No sooner did things flip a switch fast!!! Literally a few minutes after he left I got the most intense back pain, stabbing pain. I texted Steve to hurry back. From that point on the pain of the contractions was nothing compared to the back labor. My God, it was the worst pain I have ever felt and unlike a contraction, the pain is constant, no rest period what so ever. There was no position that gave me any comfort. So from going to handling everything amazingly well, I was at the point of standing leaning on Steve screaming and crying because the stabbing pain was so horrible. I remember the nurse saying "I think it's time to meet your baby, lay back in the bed".... The pain was so bad that at that moment I couldn't move so the nurse literally pushed me back in bed. I pushed for maybe 25 minutes, had an episiotomy and then the moment... The first sound from Ryan! I just broke down in tears. Ryan arrived at 940 am. Weighed in at 7lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. I do have to stay that I didn't experience the whole thing that everyone told me, that the worst part would be the head and shoulders... Again the back pain was so bad that the delivery didn't feel so bad.

So there he was, though I only saw him for a few seconds before they brought him over to the warming table... After what felt like forever, they handed Ryan to Steve and I finally got to hold my beautiful baby boy. What an incredible feeling and such a different experience then having to have a c section with Jack. Once I was a stitched up, Steve was able to bring Jack into the room. My little trooper was up for hours! He came right up onto the bed with me and leaned on me while I was holding Ryan. There was no jealousy, just a bit of confusion on Jacks part.

Tomorrow Ryan turns 10 weeks old. I have to say that it has been an amazing experience. Jack has been so great! He wants to help with everything and has the power to get Ryan to stop crying just by talking to him. It's certainly not easy with two babies but it's amazing. I love watching the two of them together and I so look forward to watching them run around with eachother. Its still so crazy to me that Steve and I have two kids!! We are incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful family!

So, yes a lot of other thongs have gone on in the past few months but I'm pooped lol... Another day I will write about the amazing 2 year old Jack has become!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment