Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Zumba Addiction

My husband and my brother are always making fun of me and I'm pretty sure they think I've lost my mind but YES I am totally addicted to zumba!!!! I have never been great at the gym going routine, it's bored me to death which leads to me giving up on it really quickly. I have to thank my friend Jamie for getting me into it because it was her idea for us to look into it. I went once, sweated my butt off and felt great afterwards, I was hooked!! Of course who knew I was going to get pregnant just 2 months after starting, more on that later.

I have found the most incredible instructor, Alexis 'Zumba' Roe. She has started up her own thing that runs out of Station 55 Firehouse in Jackson NJ. I highly recommend you give her classes a try. The other instructors there are great as well!! I am a mom and wife first and always but I truly believe that everyone needs at least one thing that is all for themselves.... Zumba is my thing! I am so excited to be part of a group of really great women and Slinky too.... They are kind, strong and motivating. Zumba gives me a chance to step away from diapers, bottles and Yo Gabba Gabba for a bit... When that music is blasting my mind gets to focus on that moment and only that moment, not the long list of things that need to get done. It gets my heart pumping and though I may not look great doing it, it makes me feel strong and good about myself.

It's funny because I only gained 17 lbs when I was pregnant with Ryan. I actually did continue to do Zumba until I was around 8 months. After giving birth I dropped 13 of those lbs. Ryan is now 10 weeks old and I now weight a few lbs less then what I was before getting pregnant... This is great, I know that but still it's driving me nuts because I feel like it's not enough and I am in some big rush to drop more weight. I've also started taking a tushie and tummie class which is also great! I was sore for days after! I'm going to keep with it and hopefully I'll start seeing more results. I love that I am able to do this a few days a week thanks to my hubby supporting my addiction lol! I definitely think everyone should give it a try!

PS... If you enjoy my blog please click "follow"!
Also... I'm an Avon independent sales representative so Check out my site www.youravon.com/slemoine

No comments:

Post a Comment